Boris Continuum Complete 9 New Feature Highlights
- Stylize Group — BCC Grunge is packed with photo-realistic materials and textures and gives the user unlimited creative control over dirt, dust, bumpiness, and scratches; BCC Edge Grunge gives standard text or logos the etched look of real objects.
- Film Group — BCC Vignette mimics the soft feel of a camera lens projected on screen with added luminosity and defocus controls; BCC Two Strip Process is a one-stop solution for the highly saturated retro look of Hollywood’s first color films.
- Image Restoration Group — BCC Magic Sharp restores perfect contrast and makes blurry footage look its best; BCC Lens Correction is specifically tuned to remove fish-eye distortion – a must-have for a GoPro enthusiast.
- Keying and Composite Group — BCC Chromakey Studio combines Boris FX’s award-winning Chroma Key process into one new convenient filter that provides users with every pre/post green screen composite tool needed.
- Lights Group — BCC Laser Beam creates beams of light or strobing backgrounds in 3D space and includes a smoke/fog parameter that reacts to the beam as it is animated through 3D space. The filter uses AE’s built-in 3D lights and cameras in Adobe After Effects. Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid use built-in 3D lights and cameras created by Boris FX.
- Perspective Group — BCC Pan and Zoom can now rotate images in 3D and offers cropping and other adjustment options.
- Transition Group — 20+ new transitional effects bring the total number of transitions to over thirty. The new transitions are: Blobs Wipe, Blur Dissolve, Checker Wipe, Checker Wipe, Damaged TV Dissolve, Film Glow Dissolve, Flutter Cut, Grid Wipe, Lens Distortion Wipe, Lens Flare Dissolve, Lens Flare Round, Lens Flare Spiked, Lens Flash, Light Wipe, Rays Dissolve, Ribbon Wipe, Rings Wipe, Ripple Dissolve, Tile Wipe, Tritone Dissolve, Twister, Vector Blur Dissolve, Vignette Wipe, Water Waves Dissolve.
- FX Browser™ is integrated with each BCC 9 filter or transition. In addition, a special BCC FX Browser™ filter is available for browsing the entire BCC effects library.
- Open CL and NVIDIA CUDA Acceleration. BCC 9 leapfrogs past technologies with cross-platform NVIDIA GPU acceleration for all compatible graphics cards. Popular filters such as Lens Blur, Film Glow or Film Process render 2X faster than before.
- Adobe Premiere. Mercury engine integration and single track Transitions are available for Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- Expanded HTML Documentation. BCC 9 now features an overhauled online documentation system filled with examples, tutorials, and product tips.
BCC 9.0.2 – Highlighted Improvements
- 4k support for 3D Objects effects
- BCC Chromakey Studio workflow enhancements, including being able to quickly view the current matte with any combination of matte processing passes applied
- BCC Pan & Zoom Action/Title safe guide improvements, including separate controls for independently enabling action and title safe guides and option for 4K guides in 16:9 projects
- Improved motion tracker data import (including Mocha data)
- BCC Beat Reactor integrated with Stage Light and Laser Beam
- 100+ new presets!
Release Notes: http://www.borisfx.com/borisfxwiki/index.php/Continuum_Complete_9.0.2_Release_Notes
- All 64bit versions of Avid Media Composer, Symphony, and NewsCutter.
- All 64bit versions of Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
EFX Keying-Alpha Plugin Suite v1.1
This suite of plugins consists of many tools developed over many years of compositing when off-the-shelf effects in After Effects would not provide satisfactory results. Some of them solve small problems, like softening an edge of a matte, others evolved into full blown keying solutions.
- combine alpha mattes of different layers with one simple effect,
- clean an alpha from small speckles left after keying noisy footage or difference matte,
- feather a matte edge “outwards” – you don’t lose thin details,
- remove a dark edge after keying – this happens when the camera had sharpening turned on,
- tell the despiller which pixels he should despill and which to leave alone,
- difficult spill case? Just select the pixels with spill on them and use any of the normal AE effects to remove it,
- select pixels based on their color, luminosity or even transparency.
New features in version 1.1.0:
- Ported to native plugin, CS6 compatible
- Alpha Math:
- added operation Luma to Alpha
- added operations R,G,B,C,M,Y to Alpha
- HSL Color Select: added ability to invert each of the conditions
- SnP: added Iterations feature (SnPx5 is now obsolete)
- New plugin: Alpha Choke
Support: After Effects CS4, CS5, CS5.5, CS6, CC, CC 2014
What is the VFXER 3D Model Shatter Pack?
A collection of 10 pre-fractured 3D models, which can be shattered or exploded to dynamic effect in your 3D scene. For extra realism, most of the objects come complete with two materials assigned – one for the exterior, one for the interior. The 3D Models have been optimised for use with Element 3D from Video Copilot, but can also be used in any other 3D program that accepts the .OBJ file format, such as Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya or Blender
Transitions, Professional Text, and Advanced Composites
Boris RED is the only integrated 3D compositing, titling, and effects application to deliver unparalleled performance to video editing software from Adobe, Apple, Avid, Grass Valley, Media 100, and Sony. An indispensable tool for post-production and broadcast professionals, RED offers a wide range of features right on your NLE timeline and adds a standalone engine for effects creation and rendering. RED integrates broadcast-quality text generators, paint, rotoscoping, a full suite of tools to create and extrude vector objects, true 3D shapes and animation, and the industry’s most comprehensive image processing filter suite.
The new Version 5 release introduces support for 64-bit applications such as Adobe CC, CS6, CS5.x, Sony Vegas Pro v12, 11, 10 and Edius 7, adds 60+ new Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete filters, and provides a score of user interface and workflow enhancements including ergonomic panels and a curve editor.
RED Key Features
- 3D Text Tools
- Image Restoration & Retouching
- Raster and Vector Paint System
- Corner Pinning and Match Moving
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Standalone Render Engine
- Motion Tracking
- Unwanted Object Removal
- Includes all Boris FX and Graffiti Features
- Over 220 VFX Filters from Boris Continuum Complete and Final Effects Complete
Boris RED 5.5 Feature Highlights:
- RT (real-time) Filters and Transitions. Improved performance and new integration with Avid software allow for near real-time preview of titles, transitions, and effects.
- Full Compatibility with Previous Avid FX Projects. Open legacy Media Composer projects in Media Composer/Symphony 8 and edit Avid FX titles and effects with Boris RED 5.5.
- Improved Text Tool Uniformity. The text tool in the Boris FX toolbar is added to Mac platforms to match the previous Windows toolbar. Text can now be typed and manipulated directly in the Boris RED preview panel.
- Improved Text Window Look And Feel. Numeric sidebars for accurate text sizing have been added for Windows users.
- Avid Media Composer 8, Symphony 8, and NewsCutter Compatibility. Starting with version 5.5, Boris RED will support all future versions of Avid editing and finishing applications.
Recientemente The Foundry anunció, para este fin de año, la salida de Nuke Studio, NukeX y Nuke 9, a continuación les dejo una lista de las cosas nuevas, aunque la mas alucinante es el nuevo motor de render de V-Ray que va a salir como plugin para NukeX, Modo y Katana.
NUKE STUDIO’s exclusive functionality:
- Complete online-editing toolkit – Intuitive and familiar editorial tools get the job done fast, whether its on set editing, online conform, or simply knocking out quick edits.
- In-timeline real-time effects – Powerful GPU accelerated effects can be added right in the timeline, letting artists quickly experiment, polish and achieve the high-end look they need.
- Fluid end-to-end workflow – Combined timeline and node-graph workflow lets artists work the way they want with all the power to create a project in one application from start to finish.
- Powerful collaborative control – A hub for total project control lets artists share scripts, work collaboratively with annotations and version up and down with ease.
- Real-time 4K playback – Plays in-application and through SDI-Out Hardware giving confidence to client attended sessions.
- Intelligent built-in rendering – Built-in render farm functionality automatically uses all available resources to enhance speed and performance, either on a single machine or when connected to multiple.
Updates exclusive to NUKEX and NUKE STUDIO:
- Planar tracker overhaul – provides a single, integrated Planar Tracker node with new pattern matching algorithm to make tracking featureless planar surfaces possible.
- Kronos, Vector Generator and Motion Blur 2 – adds a new motion estimation algorithm to improve the quality and temporal consistency of retimed image sequences based on OCULA technology. This engine vastly reduces the artefacts conventionally associated with optical flow, meaning you get the results you want faster and with less tweaking.
Core compositing updates in the whole NUKE 9 range:
- Native Flipbook tool – uses NUKE STUDIO technology to bring integrated and streamlined player capabilities to NUKE and NUKEX.
- Huge performance updates – Covering NUKE’s EXR reader, Deep EXR reader, Particle system and Scanline Renderer to name a few.
- Enhanced 2D format support – Adds support for MXF files, including read from MXF for DNxHD, MPEG2, Sony RAW (F55 and F65), AVCI and DV image files
- OFlow improvements – adds GPU acceleration.
Mamba FX is a powerful and innovative compositing software package providing unrivalled levels of performance and interactivity. Mamba FX provides high-end compositing tools to meet all requirements from the highly creative indie market through to major TV and studio productions. Mamba runs under Windows and is available for a wide variety of PC configurations.
Providing an entire visual effects suite, comprising keying, tracking, painting and restoration, Mamba FX can extend its considerable feature-set as it is the perfect OFX-compliant plug-in host.
Utilising an intuitive node-based graphic interface Mamba FX provides unlimited layers and effects, with the compositing ‘trees’ generating plain text files that describe the chain of processes used, which can be scripted and manipulated to automate functions and workflows. In addition, Mamba FX can also run other feature options including SGO’s unmatched stereo 3D toolset for shot by shot-based stereoscopic 3D corrections.
Benefiting from the philosophy behind SGO’s world-renowned and award-winning software technology which has made Mistika the fastest total post production and broadcast solution available, Mamba FX enables composits to be constructed and reviewed either directly in real-time or processed at a blistering rendering pace. This is owing to SGO’s long experience of super-charging their algorithms through highly efficient programming and extensive use of NVIDIA GPU graphics boards.
Mamba FX is completely open in terms of file structure which allows it to be easily integrated into an existing workflow alongside other systems or used independently to complete VFX shots in their entirety.
Composites generated on Mamba FX seamlessly integrate with Mistika, enabling a more creative global environment. This permits workflow solutions to be built around Mistika as the hub of any production process. Conforming, high-end finishing, grading and client review facilities can be performed within Mistika while numerous Mamba FX systems share the same centralized storage and file system for a fully integrated Post-VFX-Grade-Delivery pipeline.
Plexus is a next generation 3D particle system plugin for Adobe After Effects. Plexus 2 has over 15 exciting new features.
Create stunning generative art with ease
Highly integrated into After Effects, native camera and light aware
Breakthrough modular workflow, that is infinitely configurable
Create Organic Structures using powerful replication tools
Effectors to create physical simulations
High quality custom rendering engine
Depth of field
32 Bit rendering
Control over rendering order
Plexus comes with the Plexus OBJ Sequence Exporter for Cinema 4D included for free!